EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

I was wondering what the cost and labor of a rebuilt engine

Customer Question

I was wondering what the cost and labor of a rebuilt engine for a 2004 land rover freelander se
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a the land rover. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The dealer that I am buying it from told me it needs a rebuilt engine so I am trying to see if it is worth my time i really like it.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No I want to pay to have the work done.
JA: OK! The Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right.
Customer: Yes the only thing that is wrong with it.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your land rover?
Customer: No that is it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. The 2.5L engine sells for about 5000-6000 dollars. Depending on which company the dealer uses to get the remanufactured engines. And labor to replace the engine is 15 hours. The dealer probably charges about 100 dollars an hour. So it is a big repair, but if the vehicle is in good condition is may be worth it, if you plan on keeping it longer.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
THanks for viewing my response. Please rate my service positively and let me know if you have any further questions on this?