Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

My disco 3 has an intermittent fault that I'm fairly sure is

Customer Question

My disco 3 has an intermittent fault that I'm fairly sure is due to the dryer needing restored. How can I release the air pressure so that I can dismantle the compressor and dryer ?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: Land Rover Discovery. Or LR3 as you might know it.
JA: Got it. What model and year?
Customer: LR3 2008
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I'm a competent engineer
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've checked all electrical connections and just need to know how to release the air pressure so that I can dismantle the compressor and dryer
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your Land Rover?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi im kevin without diagnostic tools to release pressure the only way is literally to release pipes from compressor .air will come out the car height wont change
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kevin, the pipe connectors on the LR3 are Push Fit the type which cannot be disconnected under pressure.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
You can undo the pipes that go into the front of pump unit that come from valve unit in front of pump .ive done 100s of these and never had an issue