Classic Car Service
Classic Car Service, Dealership Svc. Mgr.
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in the automotive field
14892859

Maserati Grandturismo: my name is ***** ***** I have a 2012

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have a 2012 Maserati grandturismo s and it only has 26,000 miles ,, and the car always ran great , but then while I was driving it ,, one of the hoses blew,, I think the one underneath the manifoe and it start blowing steam ,, anyways, I only drive the car less then a mile,, after I seen it steaming ,, it got hot,, but not all the way to the H,,, I towed it straight to the machanic he said it need it a hose ,, he put it in ,, and then now he is saying its low on compression In 2 cylinders I think the 7 cylinder and the 2nd cylinder ,, did the mechanic brake my engine ,, or does it need a engine ,, please let me know
Category: Car
Expert:  Classic Car Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. My specialty is Toyota cars, but I have worked on many, many European and Italian cars in our shops. With that being said, and engine is an engine, no matter if it is a Maserati, a Toyota or a Jaguar. If you blew a hose, and it was steaming, and got hot, you blew a major coolant hose. Anytime you lose coolant, and the engine overheats (any engine, for that matter), the head gasket (the seal between the engine block and the cylinder heads) becomes distorted due to the overheat condition. This is called a blown head gasket in the mechanical world. When this happens, there will be low compression in the cylinder or cylinders that have the deformation in the head gasket because of the overheat condition. The mechanic did not cause this, the blown hose caused this, coupled with the overheat condition. The recommendation I have for you is to allow the mechanic to proceed with his diagnosis. If he determines you have bad head gaskets, he would be very correct.
Please confirm that you have received my input. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks.