EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

Security light flashing and car won't start JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

Security light flashing and car won't start
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a a car. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Sometimes the car starts. If the security light is flashing the car won't start
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No. Dealership I purchased the car from says nothing showed up on the computer but he thinks the car won't start due to a problem with the security system
JA: OK! The Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your car?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. What kind of car are you having this trouble with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Land River, Range Rover 2006
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. If the security light is flashing then that does indicate that the vehicle is not seeing the key in the ignition. How many keys do you have for the car? Do you have a remote starter installed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One key. Just bought the car Wednesday. No remote starter
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Ok. You may want to try and have a new key programmed to the car. If the key is intermittantly not working then you will get this problem. If the problem persists with a new key, then the vehicle security system will have to be checked further. More than likely the dealer will have to check it when the problem is actually occurring.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for viewing my response. Have you made progress with this? Be sure to rate the service I am providing to you and let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
I see you keep viewing my response. Rate my service positively and let me know if you have more questions on this?