Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

My car started to run different when the service engine

Customer Question
Hi my car started to...
Hi my car started to run different when the service engine light is blinking on and off what does that mean and when I had a mechanic to plug it up to the machine the cold came back ass cooling fan malfunction what does that mean and will that make my car ride nasty it still starts up and goes but is running rough
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a a car. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes or get someone to fix it for me I just need to know how much will it cost because I have to get to work on Tuesday
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: I don't have the money right now so never mind
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your car?
Customer: No it ran good until that light started to blink and and my thermostat hand when I sit a and my thermostat hand when I sit at a sto my thermostat hand when I sit at a stoplight or a standstill it goes all the way up halfway towards the hot but it does not go hot and when I leave when I when I drive it it goes back down towards the cold but like before the cold of the middle line
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Car
4/23/2016
Auto Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 1 year ago
Greg
Greg, Technician
Hi .My Name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you with this issue . You said the service engine light was flashing , Okay this is a sign that the engine is misfiring .this will cause the rough running engine that you are experiencing. The code you had, cooling fan malfunction is not related directly to your problem but could be indirectly the problem ,is the engine overheating ?if it is could be a cylinderhead gasket issue which will have to be tested to confirm this . The symptoms you gave point to a head gasket . Flashing service light is a misfire you should have a code like P0300 .I suggest you have the cylinder headgasket tested and have all systems checked for codes .If you can do this then please get back to me with any possible codes that maybe stored . Rgds Grge
Greg
Greg
Greg, Technician