Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Richard JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about…

My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** my 2004 xjr suspension keep dropping at the front I turn the engine on and it starts pumping it up and gets to ride height and then it makes a hissing sound that seems to be coming from the pump and the car sinks down again and then it starts all over again can you help!

Answered in 1 hour by:
4/18/2016
Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Sounds like the compressor is working as it is trying to pump up the system then once at proper height it will vent off. Sounds like we may have a leak. While the compressor is on listen for any air from each wheel. Also while it is on lift up and push down on each corner of the suspension to see if you hear any air indicating a shock is leaking. Let me know.
Richard, ASE Certified Technician
i jacked up the car to remove a front tyre and heard the sound of air coming out of the air suspension is this normal?