Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
1990 mazda 323: it cuts out. the rev counter fluxuates between 0 and 1
janoboy
janoboy, Bachelor's Degree
hi there, i have just replaced the motor in a 1990 mazda 323. the problem is that when cold it cuts out. the rev counter fluxuates between 0 and 1. any ideas… read more
2003 grand am: poor acceleration and at 4000 rpms it..cutting..rev.
JOES SHOP
JOES SHOP, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 2003 grand am that has poor acceleration and at 4000 rpms it will start cutting out like a rev. limiter.… read more
1999 s10: rev..the engine power cuts out and backfires thru intake
Michael Moore
Michael Moore, Team leader, bumper to bumper tech.
when moving or stopped when you rev engine on a 1999 s10 vortec the engine power cuts out and backfires thru intake. major power loss. rev slowly it seems kind of okay. new fuel pump, fuel filter, air… read more
A Nissan Mistral 1997. The power steering is not working
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
A Nissan Mistral 1997. The power steering is not working when the engine is only idling but as soon as you rev up the engine the power steering works. I have replaced with new PSF and noted there is n… read more
I have 1993 Mazda Mx5 when ignition is turned on rev counter
Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have 1993 Mazda Mx5 when ignition is turned on rev counter registers 2000 revs even before engine runs.… read more
Starter..it tested good, and i just replaced the neutral safety switch
Joe
Joe, Shop supervisor
when you trey to start it, there is power to everything but it will not turn over. i had the starter tested , it tested good, and i just replaced the neutral safety switch, any suggestions.… read more
Nissan Maxima: left turn..a flickerofthedome light,theradio..wentdead
Jerry, Master Mechanic
I have a ''97 Nissan Maxima that just started this very dangerous game of the engine cutting off while driving. There have been no perfomance issues to speak of, but Saturday while making a left turn … read more
2002 trans am v8....very little power to the engine..my rpms..rev
Tim West
Tim West, Service Manager
i have a 2002 transam v8.. I have very little power to the engine. my rpms can be low or high the engine rev's with very little performance. If I floor it the engine rev's very lound without performna… read more
Car died well driving down the road and now wont start it just clicks
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
car died well driving down the road and now wont start it just clicks when the key is turned the alternater was tested and it is good my lights and my radio both work.… read more
Suzuki Forenza: car starts..neutral..loud..gear it runs great
Scott B
Scott B, Business Proprietor
I have a Suzuki Forenza, and when the car starts up or you rev engine when it is in neutral it makes a loud rattling noise. When the car is in gear it runs great and makes no noise. What can the probl… read more
98 trans sport: a 3.4L that has just been rebuilt..engine runs..idle
andrei
andrei, lead tech. at Firestone Long Island NY
I have a 98 trans sport with a 3.4L that has just been rebuilt. When you start it the engine runs but doesn''t idle properly. It''s like it''s not firing properly. The plugs and wires have been replac… read more
93 grand am: your cruising down the road..engine dies..restart..warms
GM-Frank
GM-Frank, Lead Technician
my 93 grand am just stops, your cruising down the road just fine and then you feel a a very slight buck and the engine dies. Have to wait about 3 min before it will restart. It seems that all is fine … read more
Grand cherokee: 4000 cc -petrol..spark plugs..distributor cap..leads
Steve
Steve, Service Manager/ Technician
I have a grand cherokee 97 - 4000 cc -petrol-it does work on a low revs up to 2000 revs/min , the problem starts when you try to accellerate-missfires and it goes nowhere-i check spark plugs-seems ok-… read more
96 Isuzu Trooper: just put a rebuilt engine..many miles
BigBob
BigBob, Service Manager
I have a 96 Isuzu Trooper just put a rebuilt engine in it and took it in for Emissions test. Shop states that the vehicle is not ready due to drivability for emissions test. How many miles do I have t… read more
ford windstar: van..is very hot it wants to cut off when starting
classictech
classictech, Consultant
what is wrong with my ford windstar van when it is very hot it wants to cut off when starting, you have to hit gas fast and take off to keep from cutting off. sometimes start 4 or 5 times. what is wro… read more
04 plate mk5 Astra..engine managmentg light flashing..5mins
Billy
Billy, Bachelor's degree
I have a 04 plate mk5 Astra and every now and then when you start it it will start and then cut out with the engine managmentg light flashing and will do nothing else. wait around 5mins and then it wi… read more
Very poor am and am radio reception after having tune-up and
eric remington
eric remington, FORMER SHOP OWNER/TECHNICIAN/INSPECTOR
very poor am and am radio reception after having tune-up and repairs to power windows. CD and and Bluetooth work. Any chance of antenna being disconnected when other repairs were done? … read more
shadow: misfire..rolls..you rev the engine also under load
RyanD
RyanD, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
misfire on 1977 rolls royce silver shadow when you rev the engine also under load when driving its only just started… read more