Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Gary
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
Fuel pump..the supply voltage to pump (i traced the leads..12 volts
DBranch
DBranch, Technician
need to find out how tank mounted fuel pump is powered . I removeed pump and it works when i bench test it but when i turn on ignition, the supply voltage to pump (i traced the leads to the pump motor… read more
2000 Grand Vitara: the gauge sender, I..fuses..blown..timing chain
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
I have a 2000 Grand Vitara, my fuel pump works on bench test, but the only juice to the plug going to fuel pump is the pink/black strip wire low volt. constant I'm guessing is the gauge sender, I chec… read more
6 pickup: power steering pump..puller and an allen wrench which fits
Davo
Davo, Master Auto Tech/manager of auto shop
How do I remove the power steering pump pulley from a 1994 Chevy V-6 pickup. Optional Information: 1994 Chevrolet 1500 V-6 Already Tried: A puller and an allen wrench which fits into center of pulley.… read more
1992 lexus SC400: Performed a power steering pump rebuild...test drive
Matt, Shop Owner / Technician
1992 lexus SC400 automatic trans. Performed a power steering pump rebuild. After I re-assembled it and re-installed the pump, it was taken for a test drive. The trans is flashing a code via the "O/D o… read more
2001 suburban: 4WD...POWER STEERING PUMP was REPLACED.
brian
brian, Bachelor's Degree
I HAVE A 2001 SUBURBAN 4WD. THERE'S SEEMS TO BE A LITTLE FREE PLAY IN THE STEERING WHEEL. THE POWER STEERING PUMP WAS REPLACED. BUT IT STILL DOES IT. THAT IS NOT WHY I REPLACED THE PUMP. THE UPPER AND… read more
2001 Ford Crown Victoria: power steering pump..the steering wheel
stin1974
stin1974, Mechanic/Technician
I have a 2001 Ford Crown Victoria with a steering problem. I have changed out the power steering pump and it is within specs. The problem is when you turn the steering wheel to the 10 and 2 position t… read more
Feb 2001 AU UTE: I have an au falcon ute there is fuel in the
Pete, Automotive Diagnostic Specialist
I have an au falcon ute there is fuel in the inlet manifold is this to do with the vapour line… read more
2001 jeep grand cherokee: power steering..compression fitting..pulley
Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
i have a 2001 jeep grand cherokee (4.7 engine) with a power steering leak at what i think is a compression fitting on the high pressure line alum line going into the top of the pump next to the pulley… read more
MY power steering is'nt working. could it be low fluid
Gary
Gary, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
MY power steering is'nt working. could it be low fluid level, the power steering pump?. The warning panel reads power steering auto stop for safety.I have a 2013 ford Fusion SE … read more
What's the correct way to bench test the warning buzzer? I
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
What's the correct way to bench test the warning buzzer? I have it out of the car, and want to know it works properly - before I remove it completely, or replace it. … read more
1997 chevy suburban: power steering pump..put back..the solenoid
Tim West
Tim West, Service Manager
Replaced power steering pump on a 1997 chevy suburban. After I put the pump back in, I have no power steering. Everything was put back correctly and I don't see any restrictions inany of the lines.Can… read more
I recently replaced my power steering pump because of a leak
Mike Sharp
Mike Sharp, Manager
I recently replaced my power steering pump because of a leak at the resevoir. When done, the power steering did not work at first, but then feltlike it "broke free" and began working. ( It did work be… read more
2001 GMC Yukon: my mechanic..ride..power steering pump..vortec
Dan, AUTO DIAGNOSTIC TECH
I'm trying to find out if my mechanic is taking me for a ride (pun intended). Could you tell me how many hours the service manual says it should take to replace a power steering pump on a 2001 GMC Yuk… read more
2001 Jeep Cherokee: power steering pump..Sport, 4.0 liter
autodoc_2000
autodoc_2000, Automotive Technician/Asst Service Manag
What is the cost, (parts and labor), to replace a power steering pump on a 2001 Jeep Cherokee, Sport, 4.0 liter?… read more
2001 jeep grand cherokee: the plastic tabs..power steering pump
Randall    (Cheeko)
Randall (Cheeko), Ford Dealer
how do i remove the passenger side door paneling on my 2001 jeep grand cherokee to replace the passenger side mirror? Can i do this without ruining the plastic tabs or do I need to replace them, too? … read more
2001 Dodge: power steering fluid..pump near the suspension..tighten
Michael
Michael, Work Equip. Repair Foreman
I have a 2001 Dodge RAM, and right now it appears to be leaking power steering fluid from the pump near the suspension. There's a nut with a washer at the point of the leak, and my question is can I t… read more
2001 pontiac grand prix: 3.8l..whine..a new power steering pump
Eric, Retired
my 2001 pontiac grand prix 3.8l supercharged has exsessive power steering whine only under exeleration.my tech intalled a new power steering pump and the noise is exactly the same.he then installed a … read more
2004 Pacifica - washer motors not working. Removed motors
David Craig
David Craig, OWNER/MECHANIC
2004 Pacifica - washer motors not working. Removed motors and bench-tested and found that both motors work. They do not run, however, when installed in car. It does not appear that they have a dedicat… read more