Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
1998 protege: shift cable..replaced cable but cannot shift into park
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
1998 protege broke shift cable in gear-replaced cable but cannot shift into park so it will start. What is needed to shift into Park?… read more
civic: Parking gear will not shift and at the same time the
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Technician
Parking gear will not shift and at the same time the ignition key does not turn. The car is a honda civic… read more
1990 New Yorker: reverse..the other gears wont shift..battery cable
HDGENE
HDGENE, auto mechanic
I have a 1990 New Yorker Fifth ave. and when the temp. is warm, (summer) I have no problem, but when it gets cold, I cannot get it into reverse and the other gears won't shift either. I can take the b… read more
park..car starts but when i try to shift into d,r or whatever..push
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
my car will not get out of park. The car starts but when i try to shift into d,r or whatever it wount move. When i push the brake to try and get out, the brake feels like it is stuck. Any suggestions … read more
1991 Chevy Cavalier: change gears..the car stalls when shifting..park
Steelpig
Steelpig, Sr. Tech.
I have a 1991 Chevy Cavalier. When I change gears, the entire engine sinks or raises and most recently, the car stalls when shifting from park to drive (auto).… read more
Key is stuck in ignition. The car will not go into paRK ALL
Mike V.
Mike V., technician
yes the car will not go into paRK ALL OTHER gears work it will start in nutural … read more
I put the gear shift (automatic) in D or R it..parking brake
John, MASTER AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN
When I put the gear shift (automatic) in D or R it will not go, feels like parking brake is frozen.… read more
1993 mazda 626 ES: I cannot start the car in park..shift lock..nuetral
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
I have a 1993 mazda 626 ES I cannot start the car in park and shift into any other gear I have to use the shift lock and put the car into nuetral then start the car what Has gone out on my car… read more
ford: rebuilt..pin..kit..speed) new vacuum modulator all the bushing
gunny44
gunny44, Master Kia Tech/Shop Foreman
my car drives fine it shifts good but when i stopped driving the other day my car did not go in to any other gear it stayed in drive when i tryed shifting it i went to low and then back to n and it wo… read more
2000 model. When I put my foot on the break pedal..small metal cover
David Dill
David Dill, Master Level Chrysler Technician
I have a 2000 model. When I put my foot on the break pedal, start the engine and shift from park to any other gear, the gear shift hangs or sticks. There was a small metal cover at the front of the ge… read more
2004 Aviator: park..light indicator..shifter lever clicks..exact tune
JacobTD
JacobTD, Diagnose Specialist
I have a 2004 Aviator, recently when I place the car in to any other gear except park, IE: D,R,N,2,3 on the floor shift lever, the light indicator blinks constantly. The vehicle goes into gear without… read more
2005 Pontiac Bonneville: park..other gears..shifter..working correctly
Kevin
Kevin, ASE CERTIFIED MECHANIC
My 2005 Pontiac Bonneville won''t shift into park,It will shift in the other gears but the push in button on the shifter is not stuck but may not be working correctly? can you tell me what to do?… read more
1998 Kia Sephia: the gear shift from Park to Reverse..budge
Randall C
Randall C, Auto Technician / Consultant
1998 Kia Sephia. We got in our car the other day, started the car, and attempted to move the gear shift from Park to Reverse. It will NOT budge. (automatic transmission) HELP!!!!!!… read more
car/transmission/gear shift lever are in Park..rolls..Park position
robert legowski
robert legowski, auto mechanic
2001 Range Rover HSE will not stay Parked while all indications are that the car/transmission/gear shift lever are in Park. Car rolls in Park position.… read more
Car wont start..my battery cables were not on tight..same thing
Dan, Automotive Fleet Management
my car wont start it has done this before. All it does is click one time. I had a starter and my personal mechanic seen that my battery cables were not on tight but this morning it did the same thing.… read more
94 Ranger: automatic..the only gear that works is Park
MikeD'
MikeD', Diagnostic Technician
I just replace my transmission in 94 Ranger 4.0 automatic and it does nothing. the only gear that works is Park. When in any other gear it just rolls. What did I do wrong?… read more
Shift cable..park the cable goes past the transmission arm by a inch
Neal
Neal, Auto repair pro, 30 years experience
After installing a new transmission my shift cable is long. when in park the cable goes past the transmission arm by a inch. How do I short this cable.… read more
My car if i parked for something. 2007. My car if i parked
Greg
Greg, Shop owner, technician
Please my car if i parked it for sometime it can not start … read more