Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
Mazda Protege: pads, lathed rotor and screwed piston back into caliper
Jerry, Master Mechanic
03 Mazda Protege 5 rear disc brakes; We repalced pads, lathed rotor and screwed piston back into caliper by screwing in the allen screw in the back of the caliper. Brakes work fine, but emergency brak… read more
Buick Regal: problem pushing rear brake caliper piston..pads..rotor
Eric, Retired
Having problem pushing rear brake caliper piston back to allow new pads and rotor. It is a Buick Regal 1996 custom. Was able to do front brake job with C clamp easily, but can''t get back ones to budg… read more
2004 Mazda 3 I: rear brakes..the caliper piston to retract. I..trick
Chuck
Chuck, Auto Repair Shop Owner
2004 Mazda 3 I am replacing the rear brakes and cannot get the caliper piston to retract. I have opened the bleeder valve but it will not move. It also has the emergency brake cable attached but I rem… read more
Rear wheel brake caliper, I need to get the piston to retract..pads
brownjeff
brownjeff, Associate Degree
rear wheel brake caliper, I need to get the piston to retract back into the caliper, I am replacing the disc pads. Vechile is a 2007 madza 5. Thank you… read more
NISSAN: VAN..I RETRACT THE PISTONS IN THE CALIPER TO ALLOW
marc C
marc C, Mechanic
HI I HAVE NISSAN PRIMASTER 2004 MWB VAN IM CHANGING REAR BRAKE PADS HOW DO I RETRACT THE PISTONS IN THE CALIPER TO ALLOW THE NEW BRAKE PADS TO FIT… read more
Kia spectra: brake caliper..the new pads to fit have resevior..bleeder
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Owner of LJ Auto Repair 37 years
the brake caliper (rear) on my 06 kia spectra will not go backin to allow the new pads to fit have resevior open and have also tried opening bleeder is the caliper gone or?… read more
Grand Cherokee Limited: replacing the brakes..calipers..bleeder valve
Davo
Davo, Master Auto Tech/manager of auto shop
I am replacing the brakes on my Grand Cherokee Limited (2000). The front has 2-pistion calipers and I cannot find the bleeder valve. Help! Optional Information: 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee… read more
2003 protege5: replacing..real brake pads..caliper pistons
Eric, Retired
i have 2003 protege5 I am replacing the real brake pads need to retract the caliper pistons what is the secret… read more
2003 volkswagen Jetta: rear brakes..new pads on..trick..caliper piston
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator
I'm installing rear brakes on my 2003 volkswagen Jetta and can't compress the caliper to get the new pads on. Is there a trick? I've done many disk brakes before and usually just push the caliper pist… read more
2007 saturn: i am replacing the rear brakes..pads..caliper..trick
Rexcars27
Rexcars27, Bachelor's Degree
i am replacing the rear brakes on my 2007 saturn aura I have the new pads on but I am unable to sqeeze the caliper open so I can slide it back on the disc. Is there a trick to doing this?… read more
1991 mazda: brake pads..I know theres a bleeder on each caliper
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
1991 mazda mx-6....2.2 L- I replaced the brake pads and started bleading the brakes , but im having trouble getting all the air out . I know theres a bleeder on each caliper , are there any more bleed… read more
2006 pontiac g6: brake pads..i compress the caliper piston..screw
Eric, Retired
i am changing the rear disc brake pads on my 2006 pontiac g6. how do i compress the caliper piston. does it screw in or should i try a c clamp.… read more
1993 mazda rx 7: brake caliper pistons to retract to allow room
Mike V.
Mike V., technician
how do you get brake caliper pistons to retract to allow room for new pad thickness on a 1993 mazda rx 7?… read more
I retract the front caliper pistons on a 2004 armada..brake pads
Eric, Retired
how do I retract the front caliper pistons on a 2004 armada, so I am able to replace the brake pads… read more
2001 Chevrolet cavalier: 2.2l..bled..comming..i open the bleeder screw
Hammer Time
Hammer Time, Mastertech
I have a 2001 cavalier 2.2l my heater is blowing cold air I change the thermostat and bled the system with the bleeder screw open i can hear the air comming out and the heater gets warm when i close t… read more
2004 passat: when changing rear pads..caliper pistons back in
Eric, Retired
when changing rear pads on 2004 passat is anything special needs to be done before screwing caliper pistons back in. i'm trying to get the pistons in but it doesn't seem like thier moving at all… read more
Having trouble Installing Rear Brake Pads on a 2007 Ford
Danny
Danny, Owner, lead mechanic
Having trouble Installing Rear Brake Pads on a 2007 Ford Freestyle. I am unable to get the Caliper to Screw in. Is there some thing special you have … read more
2005 Kia Spectra: rear caliper..replace the pads..tricks
GENE
GENE, service manager/lead technician
I am having problems getting the rear caliper on a 2005 Kia Spectra to move back to allow me to replace the pads. Any tricks I am not aware of?… read more