Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Marty
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
Parking lot..heat spell, and upon return 2 tires were semi-flat
James, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I left my car in airport parking lot for 8 days during heat spell, and upon return 2 tires were semi-flat. Re-inflation fixed them. Could exposure to heat have caused the flats (as opposed to vandalis… read more
I Returned from a week trip. My 2003 Hummer H2 was parked at
Kevin
Kevin, workshop foreman /master tech/mot tester
I Returned from a week long trip. My 2003 Hummer H2 was parked at airport. Attempted to start it & failed. Battery relatively new. I had a battery jumper in car & was successful at starting. Engine ra… read more
I parked the car and engaged the parking brake. When I
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Auto Technician
I parked the car and engaged the parking brake. When I returned 2 hrs later the brake would not release and the message was to see dealer. The cannot be driven. … read more
1995 BMW: wagon..door locks..The lights and wipers work..trunk
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator
I parjed my 1995 BMW wagon at the airport where the spaces are monitored electronically and upon my return after a week the door locks would not open (except for the one on the front passenger side) a… read more
2003 Hyundai elantra: parking lot..interior roof..areas were heated
Scott
Scott, Manager/Technician
My 2003 Hyundai elantra was left in a parking lot for two days and when I returned, there were two burned areas on the top interior roof. It looked like the areas were heated to the point of burning. … read more
Dead battery We drove our 2008 RDX (tech package) to the airport
Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
Dead battery: We drove our 2008 RDX (tech package) to the airport and parked for five days. When we returned the battery was dead. We had driven for two hours to get to the airport, so the battery was… read more
2000 isuzu rodeo: headlights..parking lot all day..get a jump
Expert, auto mechanic
My 2000 isuzu rodeo headlights go on when car is turned off,like overnight, or when left in a parking lot all day at school. This drains the battery, and I need to get a jump. I have taken it in to a … read more
MY ALARM WENT OFF REPEATEDLY WHEN I ATTEMPTED..ENGINE...KEY FOBS
tundra_fats
tundra_fats, Associate Degree
MY ALARM WENT OFF REPEATEDLY WHEN I ATTEMPTED TO START ENGINE. SWITCH TURNED BUT ALARM WOULD BLARE IMMEDIATELY UPON FULL TURN. DO NOT HAVE GOOD KEY FOBS TO OPERATE ALARM. USE KEY TO LOCK AND UNLOCK DO… read more
When turning off the engine with gear level in Park, a
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
When turning off the engine with gear level in Park, a message says put the gear in Park. After many attempts, the message finally goes away and the electrical shuts down. … read more
2002 Nissan Quest: my headlights..my battery..drained..jump start
Robert
Robert, RV Tech Support
I forgot to turn off my headlights after i parked my vehicle in my office parking lot, So in the evening when wanted to take my vehicle out i realised my battery was fully drained. so i tried to jump … read more
2000 Isuzu Rodeo: 5-spd..parked..4WD when I got on the highway..wheels
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, Vocational, Technical or Trade School
I have a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS - 4WD manual/5-spd. I was away for a week and parked it at the airport - when I returned tonight, it was snowing - so I put it in 4WD when I got on the highway. At first I… read more
Upon parking..I drove the car 7 miles..miles home..call this sticking
ZZDaryl
ZZDaryl, Lead Auto Tech
Upon parking-the ignition key would not turn past the middle position disallowing the ignition key to be removed. I drove the car 7 miles home and there was no problem. Can you tell me what would call… read more
1992 Buick: Le..engage..accessories and lights work, but no starter
Fuhrmeister
Fuhrmeister, High School or GED
I have a 1992 Buick Le Sabre Limited. It ran good, parked it one day in the mall parking lot. Came out 1 hour later, the starter would not engage, battery full of power, all accessories and lights wor… read more
I returned home and turned off my 2017 outback before
Kevin
I returned home and turned off my 2017 outback before putting it in park. I put it in park then I thought I shut it off. Came back out to leave and it wouldn't start. Air was coming out of the vent. C… read more
mazda: mx6 2.5 v6 1994..cranking up but it just wouldnt spark
David, Shop Owner
Hello. I have a mazda mx6 2.5 v6 1994 I left it at an airport carpark ( outdoor) for 1 week. When I returned I got in turned the key and it was cranking up but it just wouldn't spark up or fire. I tri… read more
2004 mitsubishi galant: parked my..driveway..day later it wont start
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Auto Motive Instructor
I parked my wifes 2004 mitsubishi galante in the driveway and a day later it won't start. It turns over but will not fire. I noticed it was very low on fuel so I added some and turned the key on and o… read more
I turn the ignition on to lower my window and forgot to turn
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
I turn the ignition on to lower my window and forgot to turn the ignition off the car is parked and the key won't come out of the ignition battery test at 12 volt … read more
2005 liberty. ignition rotates and turns on power but won't
BOBBYSS
2005 liberty. ignition rotates and turns on power but won't start. When returning to OFF position power stays on even when key removed … read more