Car

Connect one-on-one with a verified auto mechanic who will answer your question

Ron, ASE Certified Technician

More related answers
All auto mechanics are VERIFIED
My car idles at 1800 - 2000 rpms. whe I shift between gears car revs
MCVGreg
MCVGreg, Bachelor's Degree
My car idles at 1800 - 2000 rpms. Whe I shift between gears car revs higher. Also when at a stop sometimes it will rev to more than 3000. I have changed egr valve (since then the engine light has been… read more
saturn: my sons car is acting like it wants to stall..automatic..rev
Roehrigs01
Roehrigs01, Bachelor's Degree
my son's car is acting like it wants to stall after putting it in rev.(a saturn automatic).It also rev's up and down while in neuteral and in drive.what could cause this?… read more
idol the revs go up and drop and keep on doing it..accelerate hard
Matt, Engineer
When i put my foot on the accelerator when on idol the revs go up and drop and keep on doing it. Also when driving i can put my foot on the accelerator but it won't do anything for bout 1 second then … read more
The car knocking type noise when started but does it kinda
Tyler Henry
Tyler Henry, Technician
The car knocking type noise when started but does it kinda when warm and when revving. Also when I test drove it on the road it felt like it was losing power or felt like it wanted to die. … read more
start...lights..the dash lights dont come on.. is it my alternator
MCVGreg
MCVGreg, Bachelor's Degree
my car is not holding a charge.. did try to charge up battery.. also when i do get it to start.. and turn on the lights..the dash lights don''t come on.. is it my alternator?… read more
1994 Isuzu Trooper: automatic..first gear..manually..starts fine
Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Retired-Disabled
1994 Isuzu Trooper (automatic). Starts off in first gear, revs high, shitfts out of first but engine revs and does not go into second or subsequent gears. Cannot shift manually, when tried it starts f… read more
lincoln ls: 2001 v6 automatic to overheat..i turn the ac on
SuperBob
SuperBob, Ford dealer senior master technician
"hi what can i do to stop my lincoln ls 2001 v6 automatic to overheat because it does very frequently especially when i turn the ac on… read more
citroen c3 engine light came on car stopped started car
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, Vocational, Technical or Trade School
citroen c3 engine light came on car stopped started car again keeps turning of and less power… read more
Car drives..drives fine..it starts bogging and stalling..same thing
JOES SHOP
JOES SHOP, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
my car drives fine at first and then it starts bogging and stalling and does not stop doing this until I get home. when i start it again later the same thing happens.… read more
I have a 2006 Chevy HHR. 2.4 motor it makes a rattle noise
Gary
Gary, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 2006 Chevy HHR. 2.4 motor it makes a rattle noise when I do a left hand turn. It also does it when at stop and idle while still in gear. If I put it in neutral it stops. Any ideas … read more
Park it doesnt keep reving it reves then skips revs and skips
supertech
supertech, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
when i rev my car in park it doesn''t keep reving it reves then skips revs and skips again when u rev it to the floor shouldn''t it rev constantly… read more
What can cause a car to vibrate when you accelerate
Eric, Retired
What can cause a car to vibrate when you accelerate? It also starts doing it when you stop.… read more
my car cuttoff when I stop at red lights or stop signs?..idles high
Neal
Neal, Auto repair pro, 30 years experience
why does my car cuttoff when I stop at red lights or stop signs? It also idles high when just sitting still.… read more
it sounded like a security system problem that shuts off the fuel pump
Tech413
Tech413, High School or GED
One day when I started my car, the engine turned over and then just died. Since then this keeps happening. Someone suggested that it sounded like a security system problem that shuts off the fuel pump… read more
My engine takes a long time to start. When I stop with ...
RIP
RIP, Lead Technician
My engine takes a long time to start. When I stop with the engine running in neutral the revs increase by itself, and the engine loses power occasionally whilst driving… read more
My Car does not start when I turn the ignition key and press
David Craig
David Craig, OWNER/MECHANIC
My Car does not start when I turn the ignition key and press the gas.It does start when I just turn the ignition key … read more
Oil light comes..I rev up the engine or start to move it goes out
Fuhrmeister
Fuhrmeister, High School or GED
My Oil light comes on only when car is warm and I'm at a stop or red light. When I rev up the engine or start to move it goes out. What should I do? Am I hurting the engine letting it idle with the li… read more
1989 mercedes 190e: keeps stalling..first starting..I had it towed
Jim
Jim, Service Manager
Live in Los Angeles, my 1989 mercedes 190e keeps stalling when I come to a stop. Also hard to start when first starting in the morning. I had it towed to the shop and went to pick it up when told it w… read more