Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

My 2010 Audi A4 engine light came on. When stopped at am

Customer Question
intersection idle speed revs up...
My 2010 Audi A4 engine light came on. When stopped at am intersection idle speed revs up and down and eventually settles down but is real rough. Had it checked at Auto Zone and first code was PO507 and then P2177 and P2187
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what else do you need?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Car
3/25/2016
Auto Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

For the idle issues and the the 0507 code lets first off try cleaning the throttle body while open using a tooth brush and brake cleaner. For the other codes we need to check the fuel system using the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/audifuelpressure.pdf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On your screen you should see a rating 1-5 stars. Please make sure to select one. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician