sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I HAVE A 2009 Maserati QUATROPORTE GTS it runs sluggish and

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2009 Maserati QUATROPORTE GTS it runs sluggish and when I start it the engine valves make noise then are normal the engine light came on and the code says that Pistons 8 and Six are firing out of order could it be the fuel filter
Category: Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm assuming you had misfire codes set, P0306 and P0308. Lack of fuel can cause the engine to run rough and lack power but it isn't going to affect only two cylinders.

If there is internal engine noise that may be related to the misfiring. You may have lifter issues and the valves on 6 and 8 aren't opening correctly, or it's possible there is a coolant leak into these cylinders. A coolant leak into the cylinders will cause misfiring on startup and could cause noise.

Is there any smoke from the tailpipe?