Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Rice here,my Suzuki aireo has broken rear hatch handle,how…

Customer Question
Rice here,my Suzuki aireo...

Rice here,my Suzuki aireo has broken rear hatch handle,how do I replace and where is inside handle for hatch,thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I tried to open rear hatch and the handle broke,so I can't get into it from outside,and I don't know where the inside release handle,button,whatever is located Suzuki aireo sx

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
3/17/2016
Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Some models have an interior handle on the hatch trim panel directly next to the latch area and it would be very apparent. If you do not see this handle then there isn't one on the inside.

If there isn't a way to open it from the outside then you'll need to remove the trim panel while the hatch is closed, gain access to the linkage and move it by hand to open the hatch and then you can replace the handle. There are screws at the outsides of the panel and then it's held on with push in clips. If you're unable to access the screws then you'd have to pull the panel away enough in the center to get your arm inside and find the handle linkage.

Once you have access to the inside then replacing the handle will just consist of popping the rod off that goes to the latch, and removing the four nuts that hold the handle to the hatch.

thank you *****

Great, I'm glad to hear it!