sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a4.2 every time the car gets wet the dash lights up

Customer Question

I have a*****4.2 every time the car gets wet the dash lights up like a Christmas tree and the computer says it needs a throttle pedal have replace throttle pedal and throttle position sensor in the engine and still can't get wet
Category: Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the components that the fault codes are setting for have been replaced and the codes still set then you most likely have a wiring or connection issue, but it could be an internal issue in the engine controller. If the problem happens when it gets wet then there is a good chance water is entering a connection or causing voltage to bleed between circuits within a damaged section of wiring harness.

What P codes are setting?