Classic Car Service
Classic Car Service, Dealership Svc. Mgr.
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in the automotive field
14892859

Here's one question to pick your brain. I recently bought a

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** ***** one question to pick your brain. I recently bought a Crunch Ground Pounder 600 watt amp used I hooked it up whenever I put my car into drive and press the gas the amp shuts down and goes into protect mode. I can stop put my car in park turn the stereo off and back on and the Apple turned back on but if I'm driving moving down the road it will not restart stays in protect mode until I'm stopped and in park what would cause this
Category: Car
Expert:  Classic Car Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This sounds to me (based only on your explanation) that the charging system may be putting out a bit too much voltage when engine RPM increases. I would have the alternator output checked out. Your alternator needs to be putting out exactly 14.4 volts DC. No more, no less. If the output is not 14.4, replace the alternator.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer