Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 2009 suzuki sx4 my check engine light came on the…

Customer Question
I have a 2009 suzuki...
I have a 2009 suzuki sx4 my check engine light came on the guy at AutoZone said the code was the speed senser. Where is the speed senser I this car is it possible for me to fix with out taking the car somewhere? My mechanic doesn't work on this kind of car. The problem im having is sometimes usually when its cold and i havent used the car in a few hours when i put the car in drive it doesnt go but the rpms go from below 1 when in neutral to 2 the car sounds as if i an steping on the gas in neutral. If i drop the car into 3rd or lower it will move forward then i can put it into drive.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
3/5/2016
Auto Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. Do you know the code number that was stored? There are more than one speed sensors on the vehicle.

It is possible the transmission is slipping and causing this sensor fault not the other way around.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris

Hello sorry for not responding right way. I do not know what code it was giving i couldn't find the paper they gave me. It seems to have stopped doing what out was doing since it got a little warmer out. I am not sure how to tell if it would be the transmission starting to go. Can you maybe show me where the speed sensor in the transmission would be or is there further testing i can have done to check on the sensor and the transmission in general even when the light isn't on?

Is there anyway you can get it scanned again so I am giving you accurate info rather than educated guessing. Saving us both time and money getting to the bottom of this.