Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 1983 308 gts that when it starts cold revs up to…

Customer Question
I have a 1983 308...
I have a 1983 308 gts that when it starts cold revs up to 3200 rpm and doesnt drop down.The yellow warmup light stays on and the battery light is on but the batterys good.Is there a warmup scensor that could have went bad?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
3/2/2016
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I would have the alternator and battery tested to see if either are an issue here as well as the battery cables and cable connections for any issues here.This can cause a low voltage issue which can cause vehicle electronics to act up like this here in some cases.If these are o.k. I would have the engine checked over for any vacuum leaks needing repaired.If all of these are found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete