Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 2008 landrover discovery lr2 hse. it is not

Customer Question
cranking when THE BUTTON...
I have a 2008 landrover discovery lr2 hse. it is not cranking when THE BUTTON WITH FOB DOCKED .THIS HAPPENED LAST NIGHT AND I am still stranded.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
2/29/2016
Auto Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, sorry to hear this is happening, does the key lock and unlock the car? did the key get wet at all? was it dropped?

hello did you get the car figured out? do you still need help?

it has to towed to the dealer you never gave me any answer or idea

i responded right after you asked the question and have not heard anything since feb 29, i was just checking back. what did they fix? also you are welcome to get a refund or keep a credit here with us. no worries

Mr Lou, it is a no start. ignition is on radio can play and dashboard accessories. Obviously there is a problem with ignition system, the car does not crank; not sure if it is the security breach that caused the crash of the ignition system or if it may be something else; fuses and relays seems fine?
I have nothing like service manual or scan for this vehicle. You know if they are available in USA?
this is just a simple scanner for codes. Any scanner can do that. I meant a scanner that is specific and has the capability of programming the vehicle systems.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAGUAR-LAND-ROVER-IDS-SDD-Dealer-Level-Diagnostics-Reflashing-System-TOUGHBOOK-/222029821092

ALSO THE service manuals are discontinued from the dealer. i am checking a few other sources