Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2005International4000 Series - 4300INTERNATIONAL DT466 wont…

Customer Question
2005International4000 Series - 4300INTERNATIONAL DT466...
2005International4000 Series - 4300INTERNATIONAL DT466 wont run with out either.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
2/29/2016
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Have you had the fault codes checked at all to see what codes are setting with this issue here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

no codes...

Are you saying it will not run without ether sprayed into the intake?

How did you verify fuel?

unit is primed, i have fuel going to filter...
when i give it either i can turn it over, when i take the either off of it it dies out.

O.k.,you may not have enough fuel pressure.Even though you have fuel at the filter it may not be enough fuel due to a fault possibly with the injection pump itself as I have seen before.Since it does run on ether we can assume all other components are o.k. as the engine does start and run on ether which usually rules out any sensor faults.

If you can I would have the fuel system tested to see if this is due to low pressure due to a weak fuel injection pump needing replaced.If the filter has not been replaced recently it is possible even though there is fuel at it that it may be partially restricted causing a lack of fuel to the injection pump and may need replaced.I would check into this first here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

filter has been changed, fuel has suffienct pressure.

If the filter is changed and you know you have good pressure then the injectors are most likely not operating.Check for any blown injector or ignition fuses and check for any wiring faults to the injectors as far as you can check to see if any issues are found.

I have seen in some cases where one or more injectors will allow to much fuel into the engine or through the return port (on injectors with returns) that will cause a no start as it bleeds off to much pressure as your cranking the engine.This is also another possibility here as well.

With no codes set I dont see this as a sensor fault causing no injector pulse.If all wiring is o.k. and injectors are o.k. and no fuses are found at fault this can be the computer at fault needing replaced.

Make sure the engine oil level is at the proper level as well as some engines will disable fuel if the oil level is to low to prevent engine damage.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician