Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I had a weird experience with my 2013 Bentley GT V8 Roadster…

Customer Question
I had a weird experience...
I had a weird experience with my 2013 Bentley GT V8 Roadster this morning. My rear passenger window won't close completely, the trunk will not open using the key fob and the car alarm kept going off and on even as I drove the vehicle. Then I noticed that the clock on the dash keeps reseting to 12:00. The car is running fine and everything else seems in fine shape. Any suggestions? thank you,
David Jemison
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
2/28/2016
Auto Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech replied 2 years ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech

Hello I'm Wolfgang. On your vehicle you have 2 batteries. A starter battery and a vehicle electrics battery (left). Both are located in the trunk area. The left battery is the culprit. Most likely cause of this. Replace that battery. It is a special battery. AGM BATTERY. Audi and Vw dealers carry that battery After a scan tool is needed to clear all fault codes and relearn the windows and trunk stops. These batteries last 3 yrs w/o a trickle charger on the electrics battery. These cars usually sits and the batter will loose life after a while.

Anything else? If not please rate my service to you on your issue ! Thanks