Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

My 08 mini check engine light came on took it in they

Customer Question
replaced temp sensor did fine...
my 08 mini check engine light came on took it in they replaced temp sensor did fine for a day check engine light is back on took it to the auto parts it is showing a p112b code
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a a car. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: my fan runs all the time the coolant is full and its feels like its not getting full power
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: sure if I can
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing other than check to make sure it had coolant
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your car?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/27/2016
Auto Mechanic: camerontech, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic

hi there,

im cam, a licenced diagnostic tech.

this is a coolant sensor minium temperature code.

i have seen this code before 2 times.

the first was a water pump issue as there was low flow and it needed to be replaced.

the 2nd was a electronic thermostat issue.

it was stuck open causing the engine temperature to not reach its proper operating temperature .

the operation of the thermostat will need to be checked. you should not see any flow in the radiator untill the engine reaches over 200 deg.

if you notice circulation at less than this than the thermostat will need to be replaced

let me know what you find

cam

camerontech
camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic