Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Just bought a 1996 trooper. Runs great. I love it! Four

Customer Question
things....1)Engine stinks bad. Even though...
Just bought a 1996 trooper. Runs great. I love it! Four things....1)Engine stinks bad. Even though I passed emissions, it smells like I probably shouldn't have. Smell is slightly pungent/sour. What could that be and what to do to fix it? 2) The engine makes a tick sound. Not a knock, a tick. It increases/decreases with rpm. What is the common culprit and what to do to fix? 3) I want to get a tune up. What should this entail and or what should I watch for? 4) Lastly It has 132K miles. Amazing for the year. With no maintenance records, what is the first and next things I should consider doing maintenance wise? Thanks for your time. I appreciate it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Car
2/26/2016
Auto Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 1 year ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

1. engine stinks??? from tail pipe or under hood??

2. sounds like a valve lifter, change the oil/filter and add a additive for lifters

3. plugs, wires, fuel, air filter as a start

4. change all fluids, have brakes, tires, suspension all checked out.

Roy

how are you making out

Roy

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy

Roy
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest