Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

They swore the reason they kept my car an extra day was

Customer Question
because when they heard it...
they swore the reason they kept my car an extra day was because when they heard it, they tore it all back apart again and rechecked it, so that's why they had the engine guy look at it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
2/25/2016
Auto Mechanic: SARMIENTO22556, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
SARMIENTO22556
SARMIENTO22556, Auto Service Technician

Hello, I will try my best to help you with your concern

first what year, make, model is your vehicle?

what exactly is the issue with your vehicle?

please provide as much information as you can

1997 mitzubishi Montero sport, replaced plugs, wires, gaskets and had oil changed, now has a very loud knocking or clicking sound to it
they tore it back apart to make certain that they did not do something wrong and put it back together stating it was nothing they did

how many miles on the vehicle?

what gaskets did they replace?

what did you bring it in originally for?

182,000, valve pan cover gasket, oil gasket
I brought it in due to it had an oil leak and I was told valve pan cover gasket needed replaced

when you said oil gasket, I am assuming you meant oil pan gasket correct?

it is going to be hard to prove that it was their fault

If the job was done correctly there should not have been a problem, but it could have been a bad coincidence. it could have been bad luck. for example when the oil pan was done, debris could have gotten caught in the pick up screen and could be causing a oil pressure issue, but you'll never know.

If they claim to have taken everything back apart and claim they found nothing, there's not much you can do but get a second opinion.

which I would certainly do, get a second opinion and see what another shop says about it.

do you have any more questions? I would like to close out this question before the end of the month Thans