Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have an '03 Land Rover Discovery. I need the stereo code,

Customer Question
I have an '03...

I have an '03 Land Rover Discovery. I need the stereo code

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

After the battery lost power, since it was pretty old, I'm assuming the stereo shut down, and after installing a new battery, the stereo requires a code before it allows me to use it. A 7-digit code

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 day by:
2/24/2016
Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although I'm unable to help in the capacity you were hoping I wanted to post to let you know why.

Manufacturers' corporate policies require that proof of vehicle and radio ownership is verified in person to release a radio or security system code, and they aren't to be posted in public venues such as this. Due to the length of time your question has been up without a response I believe that either no experts currently on the site have access to obtain the code or noone feels comfortable posting it here.

There are two things you can do. You can try http://www.radio-code.com to see if they're able to obtain the code. The other option would be to see your dealer with the serial and proof of ownership and they'll be able to give it to you.