Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

MY ISUZU I-280 HAS IDLE SO LOW IT DIES OFTEN
, WHEN…

Customer Question
MY ISUZU I-280 HAS...

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Isuzu. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

WHEN FIRST STARTED IT IDLES FINE BUT AS IT WARMS UP THE IDLE DROPS SO LOW IT DIES OFTEN

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

YES

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

I'VE CHANGED THE CAM AND CRANK SENSORS

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your Isuzu?

NOT THAT I'M AWARE OF

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
2/23/2016
Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer

Low idle could be caused by quite a few things. It could be an idle air control motor issue or simply carbon buildup in the throttle body and IAC, it could be an inaccurate throttle position sensor signal, or it could be an engine performance issue where the engine is running too poorly to maintain idle.

What year is the truck?

Have you checked for fault codes?