Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Front disc brakes are actuated at slightly different times…

Customer Question
front disc brakes are actuated...
front disc brakes are actuated at slightly different times causing a severe pulling to the left until pressure equalizes
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/21/2016
Auto Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

I'd strip the calipers down again and check that the pads are in square and true with no debris in the mounting slots, also inspect the caliper mounting faces for any dents, burrs, or debris which would cause them to be bolted up out of true, also remove the disc and do the same for its mounting face on the upright and inside the disc.

If you still have an issue then it could be a flexible brake line has partially collapsed and is producing a one way valve, this can't always be seen from the outside but you can test to see if there's any residual pressure in that caliper by cracking off the bleed nipple after stamping on the brake a few times

Another possibliity is that one caliper is sticking slightly so the piston isn't retracting on its seals

in which case that caliper will need rebuilding with new seals or replacing

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Matt, Engineer