sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My question is that I checked my battery and disconnected it

Customer Question

my question is that I checked my battery and disconnected it just to clean the battery and when I connected it back again
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Now the instrument cluster doesn't work. I checked all the fuses too but they're all good too. What should I do?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Does the ABS light come on at the time the trans isn't shifting then?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The needles of tachometer, speedometer and the fuel flashes when starting the car and I can shift the transmission without any problem. And the car works fine except the instrument cluster and it's blank. Does this mean the cluster is broken and needs to be replaced or the fuses is shot?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also, when my back lift gate opens up it only open a quarter and suddenly closes up right away. Does this mean the actuator need to be replaced?

I apologize but there was some sort of site issue and my previous post wasn't intended for this question page.

What year and model is your vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2007 cadillac escalade

Do you have a test light?

Does the liftgate open normally by hand?

It's after 12 AM and I will be going offline following this post. You can reply in the morning if you'd like.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When you said test light you meant tla code reader that plug in to the car? The car is fine, just the black out instrument cluster and lift gate and i don't know how to manually operate the lift gate.

A test light is a piece of electrical test equipment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
with the test light where should I need to check first of the connection?

The first step would be to check for power at fuses 46 and 49 under the hood.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked them and they are both good.

You're checking for power at them with a test light. This was done?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked the fuses visually when I pulled them under the hood 46 and 49.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The needles are all still blinking!

A test light is needed to check for power at the fuses. If there is power at both fuses then the next step will be to remove the instrument cluster and test it's powers and grounds, and if ok then the cluster can be condemned.