Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Can you provide me with a diagram of the cooling system in a…

Customer Question
Can you provide me with...
Can you provide me with a diagram of the cooling system in a 1995 Isuzu rodeo 6cyl 2wd? there is a water leak in the area of the water pump a little bit below the intake manifold on the right side when standing in front of the vehicle. I can hear the leak in that general area but cannot see where it is coming from due to my vision being blocked.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/19/2016
Auto Mechanic: Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer replied 2 years ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

There isn't a cooling system diagram available for your vehicle. If this is of any help, mechanics don't use diagrams to pinpoint the location of a leak. Instead, working on a cool engine, they first top off the radiator and reservoir with plain water and then use a pressure tester (click here for sample) to pump-up the system to about 21 psi. The pressure will exacerbate the leak thus making it visible.