Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Iam ***** *****; after starting my 1993 iszuzu rodeo I put…

Customer Question
Iam ***** *****; after...

Iam ***** *****; after starting my 1993 iszuzu rodeo I put the truck into reverse the truck stalled and engine died. I try to start it it wont start it dose crank over. the alternator & battery is good

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It sound like it may need fuel or it wont fire. new battery alternator was checked and it good. the truck drove for 5miles and was parked for 2hrs. when getting ing to start it started up but put it in rev. it died. after that it wont start plus it raining heavy during the lol.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
2/14/2016
Auto Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hi Greg,

Sounds like a fuel supply issue.

Does your gauge still work ok?

Can you give it a squirt of carby cleaner inside the throttle body to see if it fire up, even for a second or so?

Gary

what after spraying throttle body ?
gauge works

Hi Greg,

Spray some carb cleaner into the throttle body, then see if it will start even for a second or two.

If it does, then you need to measure fuel pressure.

Gary