Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

On Monday after school my car was off and when I went out

Customer Question
there later I heard the...
on Monday after school my car was off and when I went out there later I heard the fan running, my stepdad said to unhook the battery and then yesterday we hooked it back up and tried to jump it but it still wont start
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: hopefully
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your car?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/13/2016
Auto Mechanic: Gary, Technician replied 1 year ago
Gary
Gary, Technician

can you tell me the year and make and model of this car ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
a 2002 mustang

with the jumpstart on the car are all the dash lights lit up ?

which fan was running ? the coolant fan under the hood or the inside heater fan ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
all the lights light up and its the coolant fan under the hood

and it will not physically crank over at all ? not even a click from the starter ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it sounds like its about to turn on but then it just keeps cranking

will it run on starting fluid ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know where to put the starting fluid at?
Auto Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 1 year ago
Andrew Martin

Hello, maybe I can help. Before you unhooked the battery, was the car starting and running normally?

Auto Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

If the vehicle was starting fine before disconnecting the battery, the passive anti-theft system may have been tripped by disconnecting the battery. Try locking and unlocking the driver door with the key, or if you have a remote, lock and unlock the car with the remote with all doors and the hood closed. Then try to start the vehicle.

Auto Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.

Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin