Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

The cylinder in the front of the top that latches the roof…

Customer Question
The cylinder in the front...
The cylinder in the front of the top that latches the roof is leaking and needs to be replaced. I have accessed and removed the cylinder but getting to the hydraulic lines between the cylinder and pump/control unit that run along the passenger side of the roof is not so simple - and it is not obvious what should be removed to access these hydraulic lines. I was hoping someone might have some experience or pointers as to how to get to the hydraulic lines so that I replace the cylinder (there is no disconnect at the cylinder - only at the pump).
Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
2/12/2016
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has replied here with info on how to access the lines or remove them on this model.IN some cases this can be due to the info being difficult to obtain or the correct person that may have this info may not be online.If you can I would contact a dealer or repair center that works on this model here to see if they can tell you how to access and remove the lines.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

There has been no response. There is no documentation readily available and the request was a "Hail Mary" to avoid a trial and error process. I have tried other sources to no avail and the dealer is far away and will say to bring it to him.While polite, the response to the question was of no value.

I apologize.Someone else here may have more info on this for you.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete