Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

I HAVE A 87 FORD F-150 302 CI.tHE LAST TIME I DROVE IT AND

Customer Question
PARKED IT HAS NO ELECTRICAL...
I HAVE A 87 FORD F-150 302 CI.tHE LAST TIME I DROVE IT AND PARKED IT HAS NO ELECTRICAL POWER AT ALL NOW.IVE CHECKED EVERTY\HING I CAN THINK OF STILL NO POWER
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/10/2016
Auto Mechanic: Mike S., Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Mike S.
Mike S., Mechanic

Do you have a voltmeter or 12 volt test light?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I DO HOW DOES THIS ANSWER HELP ME

It wasn't an answer. See the question mark after that sentence. Was the website or email telling you you had an answer?

I am going to get the wiring diagram so I can tell you what to test and which do you have or both a voltmeter or 12 volt test light?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have both

Sorry, I had already laid down for bed by the time you replied last night.

Remove the ecc power relay and let m know of you have battery voltage (12 volts) to one of the terminals in the ecc relay socket all the time. Same thing with the fuel pump relay.

Also tell me if fuses 1 and 4 have power to both sides of them all the time. then turn the key to run and let me know if the ignition coil has voltage to the white/light blue wire.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
THERE IS 12 VOLT GOING TO ECC,NOTHING TO FUEL PUMP ILL TRY THE FUSE NOW

Ok, I 'll get you the wiring diagram.

It's a fuse link M.

Did a new fuse link M work?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
where still working there are 2 wires going to negative side of battery and my mechanic says they should be on postive side which i disagree because they have always been there when it ran

Well, you had better get that figured out because it may be what either caused that fusible link to blow or it actually is the same wire as the fusible link.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yea were following wires out now but ive owed the truck for bawhile and this mechanic whats to trace out everthing but what your saying and i know they were hooked up there.I parked one day and went out to go somewhere and no power
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
might be time to fin a new mechanic how far away are you LOL

I'm in western pa and it's like 11 degrees outside.

Did you replace that fusible link M yet and if so do you finally have voltage to the fuel pump relay now?

Mike S.
Mike S.
Mike S., Mechanic