Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I think you've already answered it. It is in regards to

Customer Question
I think you've already...

I think you've already answered it. It is in regards ***** ***** the bottom bolt on a 2004 Suzuki Forenza alternator. I can't get it aloose.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Well need to replace the alternator and I have everything connected to the alternator aloose, but the bottom bolt is too long to take all the way out. It keeps hitting the firewall. Trying jacking up the engine to no avail. Can't reach it from below or from the tire well. So I'm stuck.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
2/3/2016
Auto Mechanic: Clayso, Master Automobile Technician replied 2 years ago
Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician

Hi There, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

You will have to remove the bottom bracket along with the alternator and the bolt. If you would like the service procedure let me know.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions or run into any problems let me know.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

I do the service procedure to remove the bottom bracket please!
that should say: Yes, I do NEED the service procedure to remove the bottom bracket please! Thank you!
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hey you're welcome. I always like to ask. The link below is the procedure.

Alternator Service & Repair

Thanks.

Hi there,

Just following up to see if you got the alternator swapped out.

Let me know

Thanks