Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

Bantown,My problem is an 04 freelander td4 started getting

Customer Question

Bantown,My problem is an 04 freelander td4 started getting harder to start.It would start and cut out at 1100 rpm,its logs a camshaft sensor fault when it cuts but would idle for hours until you press throttle.WE have checked injector leakoff,within spec.Have tried fuel regulator valve and cam sensor from ok donor and still the same.We have check low pressure line pressure and within spec.Have had high pressure pump removed and tested and was found low on mid range pressure so was recon and still the same on refit.All wiring looks as far as we can tell ok and fuel looks clean,if you can give me any answers thanks in advance
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Could the crank sensor cause this ,prob is it starts up straight away after cut up
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $30 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

sounds like you've done a fair bit of work already

I'd say the next step is to measure the continuity between the cam sensor plug and the ECU

see the attached image for the correct pins

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you