Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 2005 Forenza and the ignition key is stuck in the…

Customer Question
I have a 2005 Forenza...
I have a 2005 Forenza and the ignition key is stuck in the ignition. I have tried jiggling it and everything, but no luck
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
1/31/2016
Auto Mechanic: FixItMan, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** for the question. The two most common causes of this is a shift lock that is out of adjustment or a failing ignition switch. Most of the time it's the ignition switch. Try pushing the shifter a little firmer to see if the key comes out. If it does then it is the shift key lock. If not then it is more than likely the switch. Please let me know if you need more help.