Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Bud Jumped into my 2007 Range Rover HSE yesterday and

Customer Question
started to back out of...
Bud Jumped into my 2007 Range Rover HSE yesterday and started to back out of drive way, no camera picture, but warning chimes are working. Also the radio goes on for 10-20 seconds and then turns off. The light on the radio knob does the same.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Bud
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Car
2/1/2016
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would start with having the battery and alternator tested to see if any issues are found with any of these here.If there is low voltage due to one of these components acting up here this will cause this fault with the affected component needing replaced.If this is checked and found to be o.k. check and make sure the battery cables are clean and tight at the battery and leading from the battery.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was hoping for an experienced Range Rover technician. We were able to trace the problem back to a software issue dealing with the module that speaks to the car's main computer. The vehicle runs fine other than the radio/camera issue. The rest of the vehicle seems unaffected after checking the diagnostic codes and clearing them. I did find a local import technician that services Land Rover products and have an appointment to download the software in question. Thanks for your suggestions.

That is great to hear the fault has been located.If you need anything else here let me know.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician