Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My car alarm stopped beeping on Friday. I did research and…

Customer Question
Hi. My car alarm...

Hi. My car alarm stopped beeping on Friday. I did research and saw that it was in valet mode. I went to the viper site and did as was suggested but it still will not beep

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Well it is a viper alarm. the new model with the button on the attenae

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
1/24/2016
Auto Mechanic: EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

Hi. Have you tried holding the button on the antenna down and while holding down the button, turn the ignition key to ON then release the button?

I tried that without any success

Do the lights still work like normal when using the alarm? Is it possible that the horn itself is not working?

The lights work as normal when using the alarm. The horn also works as normal

Ok. I will opt-out and open the question back up to the other experts. I do not have much experience with this model alarm. Thanks.

Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

What is the actual model number of the alarm system?

What year and model is your vehicle?

What specifically is the alarm doing or not doing?