Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I bought a friend a 2000 Rav and there is major condensation…

Customer Question
I bought a friend a...
I bought a friend a 2000 Rav and there is major condensation inside and after it rains the carpets are drenched under the drivers floor mats. It didn't smell bad or show any signs when I bought it.Where would that be coming from? Also the check engine light just came on. It has 185000 miles. Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
1/21/2016
Auto Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 years ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Ok, you need to check all of the door and window seal moldings for the leak issue. You need to have the codes read with a code reader at a car parts store, they do this for free, but be cautious because they are very interested in selling you a ton of parts associated with the code. It's best to have the computer scanned for codes and associated data to the codes to be more accurate.

Thanks, Ron