Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Sure - I have an 2008 LR3 and everything appears fine except…

Customer Question
Sure - I have an...
Sure - I have an 2008 LR3 and everything appears fine except it will not turn over - this happen month or so ago and then all of a sudden it cranked right up. Just like today this morning I went and it would not start so I drove another car - my son went out and it cranked right up
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
1/20/2016
Auto Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin .when this happens domyou get any noises ? Clicking? Dash lights up normally?

everything seems fine - except nothing happens
Weird is it is random - just like I went out this morning to start her to warm up. Tried a couple of times and just drove my other car - came home and ask my son to get my neighbor and check the hoses - as we would know he went out and it cranked right up. I had a Montero and it did the same thing but it was about the shifter being in a certain way (wiggle wiggle) and it would start. The mechanic I use said check all the hoses and then the mass air then the water pump. IDK would those things Keep it from starting. It's snowing so I really wanted to drive it instead of my little car.

So when key is turned to start position you get nothing no dimming of dash lights ? I need to know if the p is lit on dash when this happens.also check battery connections there are very common for coming loose on battery