Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

5 spd mitsubishi eclipse. when accelerating motor revs gh

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. 5 spd mitsubishi eclipse. when accelerating motor revs high then come back down and gear catches rpm higher than normal once it goes down. clutch or transmission problem....?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: don't know much about cars or how to explain. can you ask me a question?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $24) to post your type of question to Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Based on your description this is a clutch problem. The clutch is worn and not making the connection it should. Generally when you do a clutch you should also have the pressure plate and throw out bearing done at the same time.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!