Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I HAVE A 2005 BENTLEY GT TOOK IT IN OF AC WHEN I GOT IT BACK…

Customer Question
I HAVE A 2005 BENTLEY...
I HAVE A 2005 BENTLEY GT TOOK IT IN FOR SERVICE OF AC WHEN I GOT IT BACK THE DASH COMPUTER LIGHT IS NOT WORKING I CAN FAINTLY SEE THE COMPUTER WORKING AT NIGHT WHEN LIGHTS ARE ON BUT NOT DURING THE DAY. I TOOK IT TO DEALER AND HE SAYS THAT I NEED TO TO REPLACE WHOLE DASH FOR $3500 PLUS
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 day by:
1/19/2016
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With a dim display this may be an issue with a loose or corroded or damaged ground at the area where the ac was serviced.I would ask if they can re check their work that was done when the ac was serviced to see if they can locate any issues needing repaired.If no wiring issues are found I suspect the display may have failed on its own when they were working on your vehicle here and would need replaced unfortunately.You might check with other repair centers to see if you can locate one that can replace this cheaper.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete