Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My name is ***** *****
, I have a Disc II, 2000 that…

Customer Question
Hi, my name is...

Hi, my name is ***** *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have a Disc II, 2000 that turns over but does not crank or start My mechanic replaced the crank sensor (Bosch brand) but it wont start He checked the coils, no spark

Mechanic's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $24) to post your type of question to Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
1/17/2016
Auto Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 years ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

There is a possibility that a module has failed or the security system is enabled. the best thing for your mechanic to do now is scan the whole computer for codes and data with key on engine off seeing that it doesn't start right now.

Thanks, Ron

The crank sensor code came on and that is why a new crank sensor was purchased. Now the the crank sensor code does not come up and there is no spark whatsoever. I am not a mechanic but I am simply assisting my mechanic as he continues to troubleshoot the issue.

Ok, it can still be a module or a wiring problem. Make sure he tests the circuit.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

What will he be looking for in testing the circuit?
if he does not get current/power to the coil then what does it mean?

He should know if he's a qualified technician. Opens, shorts etc in the wiring circuit. Scan data that matches the problem at hand too.

Ok. Thanks.

You bet, thank you too and please don't forget to rate me.