Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2007 FJ Cruiser 120,000 miles Tires in Good Shape Runs Good…

Customer Question
2007 FJ Cruiser 120,000 miles Tires in...
2007 FJ Cruiser
120,000 miles
Tires in Good Shape
Runs GoodThree months ago wife side swiped a curb with the right rear time
No damage to the vehicle or tire, kinda put a red steak on the tire
Just one of those where you mis - judged the distance.Saturday took car in to have tires deflated and filled with Nitorgen
and to have them rotated. I indicated to them to inspect the brakes
while they were doing the rotation
They came back and showed me that the brakes were almost worn out
so I had them replace the pads with ceramics and turn the rotorsTest drove the cruiser and then I drove the FJ home.
Brakes were fine no problems. So three days go by, Tuesday morning my
wife gets in the cruiser to start it and a shit load of lights are on
Fuel, Anti Skid, Traction and several others were on.
She had not hit anything from the time she skidded the curb on the rear tire
to now.
We had to take the car to the dealer to get them reset,
So my question is
What would have caused the sensors to go haywire
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
1/16/2016
Auto Mechanic: FixItMan, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you clarify how long you drove the vehicle for after doing the brakes before the lights came on? Thank you.

In hours I would say two max, just a few trips Sunday, and to work and back on Monday.

There are quite a few reasons as to why these lights would have some on. It can be from the brake job. If the shop did the brakes and pumped the pedal up with the key on and allowed the pedal to travel to the floor then that could happen. Most of the time it is because of a voltage issue. If the voltage in the battery or if the connections at the battery caused low voltage at any point in time them this would have occurred. Has anything come back on?