Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

, I just removed the intake, etc. on my 2003 Sorento to

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just removed the intake, etc. on my 2003 Sorento to change the valve cover gaskets. Now I have codes P1121 whic relates to the TPS. So I disconnected the connector and sprayed it with electrical contact cleaner. That did not help. I also have code P0700 related to the TCM & ECM but, not sure what to look for.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $24) to post your type of question to Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

The P0700 may have been caused by the P1121, (poor communication from the TPS to the TCM).

.

There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that code.

.

I can get the instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

The system is showing that you are waiting for me, let me post this and see if it will clear up, thanks