Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2005 cadilac CTS I use the diagnostic machine and

Customer Question

I have a 2005 cadilac CTS I use the diagnostic machine and it shows 4 cades incomplete (2 oxygen censors the catal. mon and the evap. mon) I reset the codes in the car Drive 150 miles and the Catalyst mon code still on then Idrive some more and the engine light comes on. How can I fix that?
Category: Car
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

No that the Check Engine Light is on, did you scan for the current p-codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the car does not pass inspection I erase the codes after that 4 codes show incomplete 2 oxygen censors , the evap. mon and the catalyst mon. I drive the car 150 miles and the catalyst code still shows incomplete, I drive a few more miles and tne engine light comes on again.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Got it. When the codes are cleared, the readiness monitors are all set to "Not Ready". When this happens, the vehicle needs to be driven so the on-board computer can scan through the systems and look for problems. When it finds a problem, the Check Engine Light is set. Now that it is set, this means there is a problem in a system and it will need to be addressed and repaired correctly before you can set the monitors. So, now that the light is on, you should be able to do a scan and obtain the p-codes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It shows The catalytic convrter but there is nothing wrong with that tha car does not make any noise or any other problem
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Can I have the actual "p-code" you are receiving?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
catalyst mon inc
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I am going to opt out and forward you to a Tech that may better assit you with the Phone Call request. Sit tight one sec... someone will be right with you...

Expert:  Tristan Franklin replied 1 year ago.

The payment for a phone call request failed. Please double check for information and retry. Thanks