Car

Ask a Mechanic Online and Get Answers to Your Car Questions

Car

Shatat 2006 range rover sport has been sitting years today i

Customer Question
Customer: ***** ***** shatat...
Customer: ***** ***** shatat 2006 range rover sport has been sitting for 2 years today i went to pick it up it would not start i replaced the battery with a brand new fully charged one. it lights up but it wont crank and hazrds flash and a bunch of fault codes come up also red light security keeps flashing
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sorry about the broken messages
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $24) to post your type of question to Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Car
12/19/2015
Auto Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing with the security light flashing usually means the security system has lost its programming due to the dead battery. Unfortunately if that is the cases the fix is going to require reprogramming and unfortunately this will need to be done by your dealer.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician