Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My brakes work on pass side but not the driver side had to

Customer Question

My brakes work on pass side but not the driver side had to replace axles and but brakes from old axles on that we're all brand new last year trailer is on jack stands and one hub was not tightened all the way because I need to replace studs in it when I pull break away pass side locks up but not driver side also I noticed clip that holds magnet on is broken
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could this clip be an issue on the one wheel
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I dont have the info on the clip but if you have a broken brake component it should be replaced to see if it corrects the fault here.If it doesnt the other causes for this issue can be a fault with the brake master cylinder itself or an issue with the anti lock brake hydraulic unit.Both of these would need to be checked/tested to locate which is the cause here and then replaced/repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete