EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

Im working on 2006 sonata 2.4L. i changed front 2 calipers

Customer Question

Hi Im working on 2006 sonata 2.4L. i changed front 2 calipers and i could blead the system because it has to done by scanner. so i did applied snap on scanner the fluid still not traveling from master cylinder to the each wheel. i don't know what i missing here cant get system to be blead. thanx
Category: Car
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Have you gone back to trying traditional bleeding of pumping the pedal, and holding it while someone opens one bleeder at a time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

any thing does not work at all. i have tried every thing, i found on line it has to done by scanner. I do have the scanner, the fluid does not travel from reserver to the caliper, i have small repair shop. this first time ever seen in my live, i have i tried the air bleeding by scanner, when connect the scanner the abs pump does turn on and it shoes me what to do fL and RR then bleed and FR and RL to bleed I followed that but still fluid does not reach to caliper, the car came in to shop just fine it needed new front pads and calipers.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Does the pedal go to the floor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, there is no fluid in new caliper in the front. the reserver is full,

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like the master cylinder is not building pressure. The only way to be sure, without just replacing it to see, is to block off both lines on the master and see if the pedal is then firm.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

customer drove in with good panel,

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

I understand, but it is not good now.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Did you put calipers on correctly with bleeders on top?

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for viewing my last response. Please let me know if you need further assistance and please rate the service I provided. Thank you.